The Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo welcomes members of the community to conduct discussion panels, workshops, and other events. Programming is scheduled by track with the following themes:
- Artist (discussion of the artistic process or profession of being an artist)*
- Comic books (discussion of comic books from a fan perspective)
- Production and performing arts
- Movies and TV shows
- Prop, set building, and special effects
- Science and technology
Submissions for panels open on Monday, October 30, 2017 and close on Friday, December 22, 2017. You will be notified no later than Friday, January 12, 2018 whether or not your panel has been accepted.
Please read the following rules thoroughly:
- This application does not guarantee acceptance into The Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo (HCAPCE). Due to limited space, the number of applications, and topics submitted, we may be unable to schedule all submissions.
- The person submitting this application will be considered the Responsible Individual for the panel and will act as signatory for any necessary paperwork; disseminate information to participants; act as point of contact between participants and HCAPCE staff; pick up passes to deliver to participants; and ensure the proper equipment and technology necessary for the needs of the panel is provided by either participants or HCAPCE. It is understood that the Responsible Individual will assemble panelists and moderators as necessary, and that HCAPCE will not provide a moderator except for certain circumstances as approved by HCAPCE staff.
- HCAPCE will do its best to schedule your panel according to your needs, such as avoiding conflicts with another panel or activity, but various factors may make it unable for us do to so. Be prepared to conduct your activity on any of the two days of HCAPCE, February 24-25, 2018. Scheduling of panels is at the discretion of HCAPCE staff.
- All panels, unless otherwise noted, will be 45 minutes in length and a 30-minute transition period will be scheduled between panels unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
- Panelists and moderators are expected to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the panel to set up and to arrive with all necessary supplies and equipment not provided by HCAPCE.
- Posted panel schedule and venues are subject to change. HCAPCE will do its best to notify you of any changes as soon as possible.
- Panelists must be 18 years old or older.
- Content of panels must be appropriate for a family audience. HCAPCE does not host panels intended for mature audiences. Nudity, sexual content, and illegal activity (or the promotion of such) is not allowed. If your panel involves strong language or depictions of violence and/or disturbing images (such as video clips or makeup effects), this must be stated on the application. It is the responsibility of the panelists to warn the audience at the beginning of the panel of such content.
- Unless otherwise arranged, HCAPCE is looking for original content in its panels. If you have conducted a particular topic previously at HCAPCE or any other conventions in the Southeast region, we encourage you to be creative and develop new and exciting ideas for programming.
- Due to limitations with venues where panels will take place, parking is NOT guaranteed for panelists. It is suggested to plan ahead for what will be the most efficient and convenient place for you to park. If you have special needs for parking, contact HCAPCE staff ahead of time to make appropriate arrangements.
- Participation in panels is on a voluntary basis only and out of town participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging.
- HCAPCE retains the right to refuse to schedule or to cancel a panel at any time.