This is an open genre costume contest,meaning that there are no restrictions regarding the source material of a cosplay as long as it conforms to all other rules.
● Costumes must be family friendly (PG-13).
● Lifestyle clothing is not considered a costume for this contest.
● No costume (oneself) is not a costume.
● All entries are strongly encouraged to bring reference material. Not all judges may be familiar with your character.
● Cosplays being entered in the EXHIBITION,YOUTH, or CHILD categories can be store bought, commissioned, or made.
● Cosplays being entered in the ADULT and ADVANCED categories must meet ALL of the following requirements:o Made/modified by the entrant.o Modifications will be assessed by our judges and must be at least 50%modified from the original piece.o Commissioned costumes may only be entered if the creator is present.o Store-bought costumes are not allowed. The following items are allowed to be purchased: wigs, belts, shoes,jewelry, accessories, and props.Other items may be allowed at the judges’ discretion.
● Contestants in the ADVANCED category must follow the same requirements as the ADULT category, but must have made/modified 80% of their costume.
● One costume entry per person.
● The judges reserve the right to move a contestant into the ADVANCED category at their discretion.
● A parent/guardian must accompany all contestants in the YOUTH and CHILD categories (15 and under) for both the prejudging and the contest presentation.
● Contestants may not enter a costume that has won a major award from any other convention. If you have a question about exceptions to this rules, please contact us.
● All costumes must abide by the rules of the Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo (The Expo) Cosplay Policy and Weapons Policy. If a policy violation is discovered, that entry will be disqualified.
● All contestants MUST submit an entry form.A valid convention badge is required.
● Special stage requests will be considered but cannot be guaranteed. Requests should be submitted in writing with entry form.
● All contest entries after 1pm will be placed in the EXHIBITION category.
● Judging time slots are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
● Contestants must appear in full costume at pre-judging or be disqualified.
● The following winners will be selected for awards:o A 1st place will be awarded for the CHILD category.o A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be awarded for the YOUTH, ADULT and ADVANCED categories.o A Judge’s Choice award will be given out by each judge.
● All decisions made by the judges are final. All prizes will be awarded at the end of the contest.
● Any prize not claimed by the conclusion of The Expo will be forfeited.
● Failure to obey the rules of this contest or The Expo will result in the contestant’s removal from participation at the discretion of NACC leadership and/or convention staff.
Entry forms can be downloaded here.